I have a strict policy of keeping pace with technological developments in the photographic industry, and that doesn’t mean that I will simply purchase equipment just for the sake of having a new toy.
Choosing Sony for me, was a gamble, because in 2017, when the Sony ILCE-9, and G Master lenses were announced to the photographic world, Sony was not a widely recognised, or popular photographic brand, and the Sony brand had no presence in South Africa, with no back-up.
I still was so intrigued, and just had to get my hands on an ILCE9M1, and G Master lens, that I imported a Sony ILCE-9 / Sony 70mm-200mm f2.8 GM + 1.4x TC.
Since that time, my bag has seen the following:
Full Frame Alpha Bodies:
- 2 x Sony ILCE-1’s; 1x Sony ILCE-9M2
G Master Lenses:
- 24mm-70mm f2.8 GM; 70mm- 200mm f2.8 GM; 100mm-400mm f4.5-5.6 GM; 600mm f4 GM
- 2 x Sony 1.4xTC; 1x Sony 2xTC
- 6 x NP-FZ 100 Batteries (These are universal for all FF Alpha bodies, which is hugely convenient.)
- 3 x Travel chargers
- 16 x Tough 160 Gig CFast Express Type A
- 10 x SanDisk / Sony 128 Gig SDXC UHS11 Cards
- IFootage Gear© Carbon Fibre C150 MKii Carbon Fibre Monopod
- Acratech© Long Lens Head
- Lowepro©: Lens Trekker 600 AW Backpack
- Think Tank©: Airport Advantage